Chattanooga InShapeMD offers male hormone replacement therapy to aid men combat the effects of aging.
Aging and Testosterone – As we men get older, our testosterone levels naturally decrease.leading to a number of undesirable effects on our bodies.
- Sexual Function – this means lower libido, erectile dysfunction, fewer spontaneous erections, and infertility.
- Sleep Pattern Disruption – Lower testosterone can mean insomnia or increased sleepiness.
- Physical changes. You may notice that your workouts are not giving you the same results as when you were younger. You may lose muscle mass and gain weight inexplicably. When you try to lose the weight it will be more difficult. Some men develop what’s called gynecomastia which is swollen or tender breast tissue.
- Emotional Changes – The middle age testosterone decline can also bring emotional changes to men. You may feel sadness, depression, anxiety or an uncharacteristic lack of motivation or self-confidence.
- Gradual Changes – When these hormone changes happen in women, at the end of their childbearing years, they can happen suddenly and somewhat dramatically, In men this decrease in hormones happens gradually. Testosterone levels decrease about 1 percent, per year, after age 30.
What You Can Do
- Talk to your doctor and get your testosterone levels checked.
- Be healthy. Just because your workouts don’t work like they used, don’t give them up! Stay healthy. Eat well, sleep as regularly as you can and take care of yourself.
Chattanooga InShapeMD can give you a hormone panel test and if you have low testosterone we can help. We have male hormone replacement therapy programs that can help.